Did you know when a man reaches a certain age, he begins to take notice of what apparel for men is available, what other men are wearing and how he compares? This is only natural.
6 Fashion Basics for Apparel for Men:
1. Match your shoes and belt. More traditional or classic colors like deep tan, brown or black are usually the best. These colors are generally very easy to match with just about any outfit. Wear fabric belts with items such as jeans for a more casual look.
Don't wear dressy belts with jeans and sneakers. If you fall into the suspender category, try not to wear them with a belt unless you're paranoid about losing your pants.
2. Match shirts and ties. To avoid a dated look, experiment with a variety of colors and styles. A tasteful-looking tie is always in vogue. Great choices are plaids, diagonal stripes or solids. Ties are a great way to express your personality, but can be overdone in the apparel for men category. Novelty ties are fine if they complement your suit's color.
3. Trouser designs. Often times, flat-front pants look better on most men versus pleated pants. Almost any man's shape will look good in a flat-front although some heavier men do feel pleats have a slimming appeal.
Flat-front trousers are more stylish. If you desire, you can buy a slightly larger size of flat-front pant and have them altered.
4. Socks. The sock rule is pants, shoe color and socks should match. Socks do not absolutely have to be the exact color of the pants. Patterned socks, such as stripes or argyle, are fine as long as they match your pants color.
Note: One huge fashion faux pas is to wear white socks with anything but gym or athletic clothes.
5. Watches. Some believe a watch is the most important accessory a man can wear. Today, there are a multitude of great watchmakers who have created a variety of styles and price ranges from dressy to casual.
If you like to wear different watches, make sure the band color matches the rest of your outfit. Generally, a brown band with brown shoes and belt, a black band with black, etc. Gold and silver bands go well with just about any color scheme and can add a classy look for more dressy events.
6. Eyeglasses. Besides neckties, eyeglasses can express your style and personality. Be sure each frame complements your overall look.
The fashion basics for choosing great apparel for men aren't difficult. With just a little education and effort, you will soon be able to compete or even look better than most men you know.
Thursday, May 8, 2014
A degree will help you to understand all of this, but it also helps to have a passion for and great understanding of the fashion industry so that you can communicate the value of a product to a consumer market. A few courses in fashion school will provide you with a firm foundation. Attending fashion school is a great way to establish contacts for networking, which is key in the public relations world. Your success is largely dependent on the people you know and the nature of your relationships with them. Basically, the more people you know, the more valuable you are to the fashion companies in need of promotions. Having well developed people skills is perhaps one of the most fundamental qualities to have as a fashion publicist. Individuals that are dynamic, charming, and wont take no for an answer tend to have the greatest success in this field. Ambition and drive is what gets the job done; if you have a knack for persuasion, you should look into learning more about this exciting career in fashion school. Read more about Fashion School here.